New Technologies Expand Our Capabilities to Better Serve Bexar County
San Antonio, TX, November 30, 2020 — Bexar County District 7 Fire Rescue is connecting our firefighters and paramedics to FirstNet® – a new communications platform just for public safety. With this tech advancement, we can equip our first responders with new capabilities and reliable access to critical information while in the field. That allows us to better serve those who live, work and visit Bexar County.
FirstNet is designed to improve communications across public safety entities nationwide, allowing first responders to easily and quickly communicate with one another during everyday situations, big events or emergencies. This is integral to solving for the common roadblock that communications issues have posed on past public safety responses.
District 7 Fire Rescue has been using FirstNet on our frontline apparatus and department issued phones since 2018.
“FirstNet gives District 7 Fire Rescue reliable communication when we need it the most,” said Matt Post, Public Information Officer, District 7 “When responding to emergencies, it is reassuring that we have the reliability of FirstNet to communicate.”
District 7 Fire Rescue joined FirstNet to provide our first responders with reliable, modern communications tools needed to perform at our best, including:
· One, nationwide communications platform that allows us to efficiently and effectively coordinate emergency responses across agencies and jurisdictions.
· Always-on priority and preemption to give us reliable access to the connection we need – even when the network is congested.
· A separate, dedicated and highly secure network core purpose-built for public safety’s sensitive communications.
· Planned increases in coverage and capacity, enabling us to better respond to emergencies in all areas of Bexar County– and across the state.
· Innovative tools – like relevant applications and connected devices – to give us more actionable information for heightened situational awareness.
“We’re honored that Bexar County District 7 Fire Rescue chose FirstNet to elevate their communications capabilities,” said Leslie Ward, president, AT&T Texas. “It’s our duty to give first responders the cutting-edge tools they need to safely and effectively achieve their mission. FirstNet will help first responders in Bexar County and across the country perform at the highest levels to keep themselves and those they serve out of harm’s way.”
“FirstNet is the exclusive communications platform being built with AT&T for public safety, inspired by public safety. There is no substitution for this purpose-built network,” said Jeff Bratcher, Chief Technology and Operations Officer, FirstNet Authority. “We look forward to supporting Bexar County District 7 Fire Rescue and all of Texas’ public safety community with FirstNet, making sure it delivers what they need, when they need it.”
To learn more about Bexar County District 7 Fire Rescue, visit https://www.d7fr.org/
To learn more about FirstNet, go to FirstNet.com. To learn more about subscribing to FirstNet, contact Stephen Pundt at 210-886-6915 or email@example.com. Individual first responders can also subscribe to FirstNet at a local AT&T store.
FirstNet and the FirstNet logo are registered trademarks of the First Responder Network Authority. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.